Thursday, November 27, 2014

Nature's Embrace



As I run through the woods
Warm rain thrashes the canopy
The trees quench a thirst
Leaves glisten, renewed vitality

Heavy drops pound my chest 
Mud spatters up my bare legs
Feet sinking, the ground ingests 
Feeling hopeless, my heart begs

With each tenacious stride
I’m filled with deep emotion
Mother Earth I do confide
Tears and raindrops, interwoven 

As I travel through the hills
Footsteps drowned by nature's music
Wondering when I’ll hit the end
At that moment, all is muted

I look up and he is there
Majestic beauty, beyond belief
We lock eyes, Socratic stare
Sudden warmth abates my grief

Utterly still, among dancing trees
His crown adorned are antlers
My tears run dry before he flees 
This love, has all the answers

No comments:

Post a Comment